Nov 5, 2013

Estonia FDC on "Mõisaküla"

First Day Cover
Sobrescrito de 1.º Dia



Date of Issue : 31 October 2013

The town of Mõisaküla is situated in the south-eastern corner of the Viljandi County close to the Latvian border. Mõisaküla’s year of birth is considered to be 1895 when a railway station on the Pärnu-Valga railway line was then being built. In 1938 Mõisaküla was granted town rights. The coat of arms of Mõisaküla is the shape of shield, with a silver anvil on black background and a worker’s hand holding a hammer, symbolyzing industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment