Sep 25, 2014

Estonia FDC on "Estonian Mushrooms - The Deadly Fibrecap"

First Day Cover
Sobrescrito de 1.º Dia


Estonian Mushrooms - The Deadly Fibrecap

Date of Issue : 11 September 2014

The deadly fibrecap (Inocybe erubescens) is very poisonous, containing muscarine. The poison does not disappear even after scalding or drying. Quite soon after eating the mushroom signs of poisoning appear: nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, abundant perspiration, flow of spit and tears, often narrowing of the pupils and vision disorders. It is found in parks and deciduous forests when the first pale red russulas spring up.

No comments:

Post a Comment