Apr 13, 2013

Estonia FDC on "Sindi"

First Day Cover
Sobrescrito de 1.º Dia



Date of Issue : 28 March 2013

Sindi lies on the left bank of the River Pärnu, 14 kilometres from Central Pärnu. The green city (25 parks and green areas, accounting for one seventh of its territory) has 62 listed heritage sites and two protected environment areas. The heritage sites include buildings of the Sindi broadcloth factory (established 1834) as well as houses from the first period of Estonia’s independence. The territory of the city is 5.01 sq km, and its population was 4,234 as of January 1, 2012.

The coat of arms of the city symbolizes importance of the textile mill in the history of the city and the river as the source of life and of power.

No comments:

Post a Comment