Sep 23, 2012

Estonia FDC on "Käsmu Lighthouse"

First Day Cover
Sobrescrito de 1.º Dia


Käsmu Lighthouse

Date of Issue : 13 September 2012

The lighthouse is on the higher western bank of Käsmu Bay (earlier Kasperwieck). The Käsmu Lighthouse, built on the initiative of local ship owners and the maritime school, began working in 1892. It was a building more like a wooden house six meters high with the walls painted white. The height of the light was 8.2 meters and its visibility six miles. The Käsmu Lighthouse will be 120 years old in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment